Wednesday, December 01, 2010

UNSTABLE

I'm not strong enough for this
It's simply, just too hard
I can't ever relax
There's no letting down my guard
~
Every class talks about something
That hits too close to home
I cry, dissociate & panic
And then write another poem
~
I'm too much like the clients
Or, rather, they're too much like me
If I have these problems myself,
How can I help them to see?
~
They'll see that I'm not normal
They'll see that I'm a mess
They'll see that I'm not stable
Everyone will start to guess
~
They'll make assumptions about what's wrong
And what I can & can't control
They'll assume with all my problems
There's no way I could be whole
~
And the assumptions will be right
I'm a broken little girl
I've been broken for so long
I'll always be this ugly knurl
~
I'm wrapped around this shattered identity
That's been mine for far too long
And now it's all I have
This feeling that I'm wrong
~
That's what everyone sees
Because it's what I know
I'll always be unstable
and it will always show

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home